Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gillian. Gill. Lee. Anne.

Okay. I don’t know how many stupid thumping times in my life I’m going to have to correct people. Walking through the hall at school. The check-out line. Church. Everywhere, I have to correct people on my name.
Let me give you an example.   

  “Hi there! I’m Gillian.”     
“It’s so nice to meet you! And that’s...Jillian?”     
“No, no. Gillian.”
             “Gillan?”
            “Gill. Lee. Anne.”
           “Gillian?”     

            “Why don’t you just call me Gill? Everyone else does.”
           *Fake warm smiles from unnamed person.*
    Seriously, people. It is not that hard. Gill. Lee. Anne. I think I would even take it in three syllables like that - three
names, like that, really - if you would just get it right. And if you are going to read this blog, well....thanks. You can call me Gill. Everyone else does.
 
This is Lemonade signing off.
Gill.

No comments:

Post a Comment