Monday, September 20, 2010

Portal blues

So... our trip totally blew. Okay. So... we went into the portal... just jumped right in. Forget voice of reason, forget common sense; we just freakin' jumped right in. It swallowed us up with a weird squeezy feeling. It wasn't pleasant. The portal walls were a funky, flashing blue. Think Doctor Who begging credits... just more complicated, smaller, no TARDIS, and no David Tennant.

We landed with a very hard thud in... well... my room. Yeah. At least, that's what we thought. (Gill even yelled a little.) But then we opened my door and found ourselves hanging over a cliff. Not an awesome experience. Anyway, Gill actually had the foresight to bring rope and we scaled down the cliff. The very, very, very deep cliff. And landed on an orange dirt packed surface. Obviously we weren't in Kansas anymore, Todo.

We walked for a good ten miles (maybe less, but being with Gill always makes time go slower; she's so boring), before coming up in a meadow. But this was no normal meadow. It's blades of grass were blood red and dripped a goopy green acidic substance. I burned my jeans touching them. Long story short: we found a way around the bloody meadow, found a town packed with people. People that looked like human beings... but glowed an eerie purple.

I KNOW!

It took some probing, and begging, and a little bit of "money" (Ritz crackers, actually. I was very proud of myself for that one...) exchanged hands, but eventually we found us a "tour guide." Someone with more information than one person should know. Than all persons should know. And, to keep them safe (and to keep me and Gill safe from them) I won't share names. Needless to say, we got some nice information about this pretty new world. But nothing helpful.

Oh! And my 'help' note ended up burning in my pocket. How I didn't notice this happening, I don't know.

I ended up getting knocked out after that. Don't ask how. It's embarrassing. I didn't wake up until late last night, to Gill screaming at me, and said person above rolling their eyes at my "drama." Sorry I got freakin' knocked out!

I just hope Gill can fill us all in on the rest, she won't talk to me....

Dom

No comments:

Post a Comment