Friday, September 10, 2010

Playlist Cannon

What is the playlist cannon, you ask?

I randomly give you a short playlist of songs to listen to, why they are awesome, blah, blah, blah. Music, music, music.

Oh wait.

La, la, la.

That's it.

1. Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine
When I first heard the song, I was immediately entranced. I think it's all the cool harp/fairy sounding instruments in it, but she's got such a dark voice....does that make me twisted? Depressing? Bella Swan-esque? You may decide.

2. Golllum's Song by Emiliana Torrini
Having a Tolkien bug, and....this song is just so beautiful. And haunting. But mostly haunting.
3. Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show
It's different, it's folksy, it's comforting, but not cheesy. It's just cool. Bob Dylan started this song and never finished it - this band took over, and I think they did a good job.

4. Angel by Within Temptation
It's a song about betrayal in a true croon. I like true croons. And it sounds pretty. And there's a true croon....

5. Question by Old 97's
Okay, a happy song! It really is. It's raw and has guitar and a country croon (there's that lovely word again) without sounding country. And it's on Shawn's mix tape. It's just so sweet! And it's on Shawn's mix tape....which is available on psych.usanetwork.com.

I was going to embed vids for all of these, but I'm too lazy to figure out why it isn't working, so if you really want to, you may go look them all up yourself. Thank you and Goodnight.

Lemonade Gill has left the building. (blogging)

No comments:

Post a Comment