Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Impending Doom.....Thanks, Brandon Flowers, for that excellently put phrase.

It's quiet here today. Neither Dom nor I went to school. Damien's still here, but he's not saying much. I keep hearing Mitchie knocking stuff over outside.

The lizard is staying curled up on my stomach, for some reason. Dom's asleep....

And downstairs, anxious mutterings. Something sizzling on the stove. Smoke alarm goes off occasionally because Mom keeps burning the cookies. And as normal as all of this is supposed to be...I can't help but feeling like it's just that moment of silence in the horror movie before something jumps out and kills you.

Oh, I am so optimistic.

Oh, and our best friend, the Portal-That-Constantly-Causes-Danger-and-Turmoil- To-Our-Lives, is back. Strong as ever. Tested it earlier, and I got through okay. Also, it keeps spitting candy out at me and hitting me in the head. Thanks, P.T.C.C.D.A.T.T.O.L. That almost looks like the word 'pterodactyl.' Maybe we'll just stick with that from now on.

Oh, and the song I was referencing is Losing Touch, by the Killers. You can listen to it if you click right....here.

Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment