Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spooky Playlist Cannon!

I have decided to do a 'spooky' playlist cannon in honor of October. Not all of them are scary, but they are all odd, Octoberish songs. Enjoy. Mwhwahahahaha! *lights out, flashlight under chin!*

1. She's My Ride Home by Blue October
I've actually only listened to it once, but....the opening lyrics are especially creepy. O.o 

2. The Shankill Butchers by The Decemberists
The first time I heard this one, I absolutely was afraid to go to bed. Just listen to it once....or twice....consider the possibilities. O.o I was much younger when I heard it for the first time - it doesn't phase me much now. But it is still the most disturbing lullaby ever.

3. John Wayne Gacy Jr. by Sufjan Stevens
Here's the thing with this song....it's about a real person. And even though the melody itself is calming and nice to listen to, if you pay attention to the lyrics, you'll be creeped out for lots of reasons. I'm not sure when this guy lived, but he was a vicious serial killer. Have fun with that...

[And now, on to more funnish songs for October.]

4. Bones by The Killers
This isn't one of my favorite Killers songs. But it's called Bones, and the music vid was directed by Tim Burton. It had to come.

5. This is Halloween: Nightmare before Christmas Soundtrack
I'm really not a big fan of the movie, but would it be a spooky playlist cannon without a song from it? I mean, really? Especially since we're on a Tim Burton stretch? My favorite song is actually What's This? but that one'll probably be included in my Christmas Playlist Cannon, because it's more about Christmas than Halloween.

6. Friends on the Other Side: Princess and the Frog Soundtrack
I'm afraid all of you will think I'm a demented, dark person if I don't include this one. I'm really not. I don't even listen to creepy songs like that very often! I just thought it would be appropriate for this month....so no judging. This movie is awesome, by the way. I whistle/sing it to myself all the time.....

[On to the odd portion, which consists of one song:]

7. My Boy Builds Coffins by Florence and the Machine
I really do listen to this one often. I like it. It's very odd, but I like it.

[For you mushies:]

8. White Demon Love Song by The Killers
I actually really like this song, and even though it's actually from the New Moon Soundtrack, I gave you the Doctor Who version. ;)

[BONUS SONG THAT IS NOT AT ALL SPOOKY:]

9. The Beauty and the Tragedy by Trading Yesterday
This song makes me happy, even though it's sort of....sad. Probably because the first time I heard the song it was on a Primeval fan vid. Primeval is awesome, btw. It's like a kid's version of Fringe with dinosaurs and not nearly as good plot lines or effects. But it's worth it.

Lemonade Gill

PS: MITCHIE IS NOT EVIL!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment